Dan is an experienced transactional and advisory lawyer with a particular focus on buy-side clients including leading hedge funds, asset managers, UK pension funds and corporate treasuries. Dan’s practice covers the full range of transactional documentation and associated issues in relation to prime brokerage, derivative trading, custody and clearing on a UK and cross-border basis.
Dan has substantial experience in advising and guiding hedge funds through their launch period and is well known to all prime brokerage and derivative counterparties. Dan prides himself in being responsive, pragmatic, and understanding clients’ needs at this early yet crucial stage in their lifecycle.
Dan also has significant experience of advising large institutional clients on the application of new laws and regulations and has been included on risk committees for multi-billion dollar asset managers.
Recent engagements Include:
- Advising multi-billion dollar hedge fund in relation to portfolio financing, trading and legacy issues related to spin-out from an established group
- Advising prominent Hong Kong manager on the launch of an equity long/short hedge fund, including all aspects of portfolio finance, trading and prime brokerage
- Advising multi-billion dollar hedge fund manager on the trading, financing and regulatory advice in relation to the launch of 2 multi-strategy funds
- Advising multi-billion dollar asset manager on regulatory change risk with regard Brexit and day to day operations
- Day to day oversight of all trading and financing documentation needs, as well as administrative hub services in relation to a multi-billion dollar managed account platform provider in the U.S.